Wow what a great reunion weekend! They say it takes a village in this case it was GCHS Class of 1967 that made it an amazing weekend.
A few words but not exclusive of all the hard work accomplished by the reunion committee
- Ray did a sensational job as our private tour guide to the Cradle of Aviation Museum and providing great input to the Dunkin Donuts events. You still have great scooping skills.
- Cathy Dunkle Topping had wonderful foresight in suggesting Cherry Valley Country Club. The atmosphere was perfect and the food excellent.·
- What can I say about our super sleuth Kay Kelly Mirable who was devoted to locating classmates and encouraging those who were on the fence about coming to come. Who could say 'no' to Kay?·
- Sue Fagan Sievers was our go to person who found and negotiated accommodations for classmates who were coming in from out of town and coordinated the Dunkin Donuts event. Any task that Susan took on was completed to its fullest..
- Laura Gray Magee Skogland with her warm heart and compassion oversaw communicating with classmates, dispersing donations to those that needed a little extra help, managing the Historical Tour and if that was not enough she was also our treasurer!
- Maureen McKenna, our editor in chief, checking for spelling and grammar errors and responsible for sending out post cards to those classmates who didn’t have email addresses! Is that possible? Mr. Boring would be so proud!
- Every committee needs someone with an artistic eye and for us it was Susan Seider Morrison who did such a great job with the name tags, posters' set up and along with her husband John Morrison facilitated getting our T-Shirts
- Janie Sullivan Meyer spent the year making the numerous changes and corrections to our class list. A task that seems to be never ending. She has been the official photographer for all of our class reunions and has uploaded them to our website! In addition, big thanks to her assistance and editing all the pictures posted on the website especially those that were posted sideways!
- ...AND, OF COURSE, IT GOES WITHOUT SAYING; BUT MUST BE STATED THAT NANCY MANN HAS BEEN OUR GCHS' CLASS OF 67 REUNION COMMITTEE'S ROCK!!! BETWEEN COORDINATING MEETINGS, COMING PREPARED WITH AN AGENDA AND 'STICKING TO IT' DESPITE MANY ATTEMPTS TO DERAIL WITH SOCIAL 'SIDEBARS', NANCY RAN A VERY TIGHT SHIP AND THE RESULTS ARE EVIDENT!!! WE MET AT LEO'S FOR EVERY MEETING WHICH CREATED A HIGHLY SPIRITED, MOTIVATED, CUSTOMARY, FAMILIAR, AND TRADITIONAL SETTING FOR OUR PLANNING. THE ENTIRE REUNION COMMITTEE EXPRESSES THEIR THANKS TO NANCY FOR HER CREATIVITY, DETERMINATION, AND HER KEEN ABILITY TO DELEGATE!!! YES, NANCY, "IT TAKES A VILLAGE"; BUT IT TAKES A LEADER TO SUCCEED!!!
Now for GCHS Class of 1967
- From the very beginning of planning for our reunion, classmates contacted us with ideas, posted pictures, submitted all the questions for the quiz. It was great to have classmates involved.
- Classmates traveled from all over the country and London, Paris and Viet Nam to attend the reunion. Thank you so much for making the journey back home.
- I can’t begin to list all the acts of kindness that were done before, during and after the reunion. Just a few examples included picking Kerry Mahoney up from the nursing home and making sure he enjoyed every minute. I think he is still on cloud 9 after his dance with Jan Rundlett. Furthermore, making a call to Jimmy Walsh who still living in Alaska and unfortunately suffering from ALS, it was great to be able to include him in the festivities by passing the phone around!
- What generous class we have! The donations were used not only to help classmates but also provided funds to add a little extra to the event. You guys are awesome!
- To those classmates who were unable to attend our 50th you were truly missed. Hopefully we will see you next time.
A few things that we need from you. We have this website until 2019
- Please keep your contact information updated. If your information is wrong on the Classmates List, please let us know. Instructions will be posted soon.
- Use the website often to communicate with each other through the Realtime Message Tab.
- Let us know what you are doing and keep us informed by posting on the Classmates' Stories Tab.
- Check the website often for updates.
It is an honor to be part of the GCHS Class of 1967 Village.
Kudos and thanks to you all.